Welcome to the official Analog or Digital Remix Competition, brought to you by Wildlife Control, SoundCloud, and Native Instruments.
· The competition is now closed. ·
Wow! What a great way to end the year. To each and every one of you who participated, THANK YOU. We spent two weeks carefully listening to every submission. It was incredibly tough to choose a single winner from all of the great remixes we received. A few rose to the top with great combinations of banging beats, creative arrangements, skilled mixes, and pro vocal treatment. Listen to the winners below!
Congratulations to the Grand Prize winner...
Download The StemsVocals Stem Guitar + Piano Stem Drums Stem Bass Stem
· Grand Prize Package ·
For one year you’ll get full stats, pro support, a branded dropbox, spotlight tab, 36 upload hours, unlimited sets, and much more.
Native Instruments recently unleashed this gorgeous, compact, production tool that gives you tactile control over your beats. Awesome.
THE comprehensive collection of the highest quality tools for musicians, producers and sound designers. We use it everyday. We love it.
· About Analog or Digital ·
Analog or Digital is the lead single from Wildlife Control, the album.
One angle, one take. 340,000 views and counting...
· Top Remixes ·
The competition was judged by Wildlife Control and guest judges from Indie Shuffle and The Music Ninja, two of the world's best music blogs.
Grand Prize Winner
We loved MZKRM's remix for it's heart and meticulous attention to detail. It takes you on journey, covers a lot of ground, and it's seamless. We see big things in store for MZKRM, and are honored that he put his unique stamp on Analog or Digital.
A very thoughtful, creative, and soulful interpretation. Banging.
Super energetic, meticulously detailed, and great hooks. Drum and bass meets pop, and it's great.
Head bouncing right away to that beat and synth bass combo. Simply put, it's a ton of fun to listen to this. Looking forward to more of these huge mixes from Plumart.
There were dozens of other excellent remixes, but the above were the ones that we collectively found to be the top submissions. The results could easily have gone another way with different judges. For us, vocal alignment was key and ruled out a few mixes that were otherwise solid contenders. Other factors that became important were originality and skill in the mixing department. We hope all of you continue to keep up the great work. We appreciate the passion and creativity everyone has shown. This competition was awesome, fun, and inspiring for us because of you.
Thanks again to our sponsors, SoundCloud, and Native Instruments, as well as our guest judges Indie Shuffle and The Music Ninja.
Check out all of the great remixes on SoundCloud.
Wishing everyone safe and happy holidays. And an amazing 2013.
- The international competition is open from November 1, 2012 through November 30, 2012.
- Download the stems and create a remix in whatever style you want. Don't use the stems for anything else, and don't incorporate anything to which you don't have the rights.
- Upload your remix to our SoundCloud dropbox. This is the only way to enter, and by entering, you agree to the full terms below.
- The winner will be selected by Wildlife Control and guest judges from Indie Shuffle and The Music Ninja. We'll take each submission's popularity (SoundCloud plays, Facebook likes, tweets, etc.) into account, but ultimately the winner will be chosen purely on creative merit.
- There will be one grand prize winner. The guest judges may optionally choose to feature their personal favorite remixes on their respective music blogs.
General Rules and Terms
- The Competition will run on SoundCloud and wildlifectrl.com websites (“Websites”).
- Closing date for entries is Midnight (GMT) on November 30, 2012.
- The competition is open worldwide (SAVE THAT children under 18 years of age must be able to provide the consent of a parent or guardian if requested as detailed below).
- Entry limited to one per person.
- No purchase is necessary but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to local call charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
- An eligible entrant must sign up following the instructions on the wildlifectrl.com/remix page (“the Site”) to enter the competition and to download the instrumental and vocal parts of the track “Analog or Digital” by Wildlife Control (“Recording”) as part of the competition. The entrants shall then upload their remix of the Recording to SoundCloud only via the instructions on the Site. For the avoidance of doubt entrants shall not be entitled to make any other use of their remix embodying the Recording other than to take part in the competition as set forth herein without the prior written consent of Wildlife Control.
- The winner will be the entry judged by Wildlife Control to be the best from any of the entries. Wildlife Control will consider the popularity of each track as measured by the number of SoundCloud plays and likes, Facebook likes, and Twitter tweets but ultimately reserves the right to choose a winner that is not the most popular according to these metrics. Guest judges from The Music Ninja and Indie Shuffle music blogs will provide input and may choose to feature any entry(ies) of their choice on their websites.
- All entrants must have registered and uploaded their remix via Wildlife Control's SoundCloud dropbox. In the event that you are under 18 years of age, then you may require the consent of your parent or guardian to join SoundCloud and take part in the competition. Wildlife Control reserves the right to reject any entry and/or to require entrants to provide proof of age and/or parental/guardian consent. Any such entry shall be withdrawn from the competition until such time as the entrant can provide the required information.
- All rights in the Recording are reserved by Wildlife Control and nothing contained herein or in the competition shall grant any rights in the Recording to an entrant or any other third party, save as provided herein.
- Wildlife Control will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries. Wildlife Control takes no responsibility for any entries that are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid. Further, Wildlife Control will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the Competition.
- All entries received by Midnight (GMT) on November 30, 2012 will be judged by Wildlife Control. Subject to clauses above, the winner will receive a prize consisting of one year of SoundCloud Pro account status, one Native Instruments Maschine Mikro, and one copy of Native Instruments Komplete 8 software bundle (“Prize”) and the chance for the winning remix of the Recording to be put up for sale on digital and physical sales outlets by Wildlife Control.
- By entering and submitting a remix, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all of these General Rules, the Terms and Conditions that govern wildlifectrl.com and soundcloud.com. No remix submitted as part of this competition, regardless of age, should contain sounds or words that could be offensive to the reasonable person on grounds that it discriminates against or is discriminatory to any person or group (whether on grounds of sex, race, religion or other).
- The entrants represent and warrant that the remix submitted is the entrant’s original work and that it does not violate any agreement between the entrant and any third party and the remix does not infringe upon or violate any law, agreement or other rights of any kind, of any third party, without limitation, rights affecting copyright, contract, defamation, privacy or publicity. In addition to the foregoing the entrant represents and warrants that the remix shall not contain any so called samples and/or other copyright material owned by a third party save for the Recording. The entrants agree not to assert and/or to waive any moral rights in the remix(es) against Wildlife Control, its licensees, subsidiaries and assigns.
- The winner of first prize agrees that in consideration of the delivery by Wildlife Control to winner of the Prize that the winner shall enter into an agreement with Wildlife Control to assign the winning remix(es) and any rights in their performance(s) embodied on the winning entry(es) to Wildlife Control with full title guarantee to the extent that Wildlife Control shall own the same throughout the world for the full life of copyright and shall be entitled to sell and otherwise exploit the remix in any manner and in all media throughout the World and shall complete any and all further paperwork required by Wildlife Control. The Winner(s) warrant that they are free to grant such rights in the winning remix(es) to Wildlife Control and agree to indemnify Wildlife Control in respect of any claims, damages and costs arising as a result of the winner(s)’ breach of this warrant.
- In the event that any of the winning entrant(s) is under 18 then such win is subject to receipt by Wildlife Control of signed consent from the parent or guardian of the winning entrant for him or her to assign the rights in the remix to Wildlife Control and for Wildlife Control to exploit the remix as per the previous clause herein and for him or her to participate in the prize.
- By submitting a remix (“the Materials”) the entrant agrees to grant Wildlife Control a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty free, sub-licensable and worldwide license to use, edit, modify, display, publish, perform, reproduce, communicate, and distribute the Materials. For the avoidance of doubt, all entrants agree to the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions in any and all media by Wildlife Control or any associated or subsidiary company shall be entitled to display and publicly perform the Materials. If a person does not wish to grant Wildlife Control such rights in the Materials then they should refrain from entering the competition. Also by submitting the Materials with an entry, the entrant warrants that they are free to grant such rights in the Materials to Wildlife Control and agree to indemnify Wildlife Control in respect of any claims, damages and costs arising as a result of the entrant’s breach of this warranty. In addition to the foregoing by submitting to Wildlife Control an entry all entrants agrees and acknowledges that they shall only be entitled to use and/or exploit the Materials (i.e. their remix) on SoundCloud or YouTube without Wildlife Control’s prior written approval, for the avoidance of doubt entrants represent and warrant that they will not upload their remixes of the Recording, the Recording or any part of the Recording to any websites other than SoundCloud or YouTube including without limitation any sites that embody or encourage peer to peer sharing of music without consent of Wildlife Control and will not upload the remix, Recording, or any part of the Recording for download or stream over the internet, save as agreed herein, without Wildlife Control’s consent. For avoidance of doubt: the remixer is able to share their upload on SoundCloud or YouTube and embed their SoundCloud or YouTube upload on other platforms, but is not allowed to upload the source file to any other source or public online platform, other than SoundCloud or YouTube.
- No cash or prize alternative will be offered and the prizes are not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- The winner will be announced on the Site in December 2012 and the winner will be notified by e-mail within 30 days thereof. All reasonable endeavors will be made to contact the winners during this time. If a winner cannot be contacted before this time on the mobile number or email address supplied by the entrant with their entry, Wildlife Control reserves the right to select the entrant whose entry the judging panel consider to be next best. In the event that winner is unable to (for any reason, including without limitation due to lack of parental consent) or refuses to grant to Wildlife Control an assignment of all rights in the winning remix pursuant to clauses hereof then Wildlife Control shall be entitled to choose another winner.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The judges reserve the right to not select an overall winner if none of the entries are deemed to be of high enough quality.
- By entering the competition all entrants are deemed to have accepted and be bound by these General Rules.
- Wildlife Control reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in Wildlife Control's sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable the it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by New York law and the courts of New York shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Ille Gal's brilliant mix captured our imagination and ears right away with an incredibly gorgeous intro. It was the blogger favorite, singled out by both The Music Ninja and Indie Shuffle. And we kept returning to it because the creative use of the vocal would get stuck in our heads. It's lush, has an infectious chill groove, and offers a totally different take from the original.